For a few days now, Brookhouse has been trending on Social media and you’ve probably been wondering why.
Someone got hold of the fee structure for the Langata based international school, and lets just say the zeros are astounding.
This is what the school, associated with Kenyatta family charges:
* The fees are in Ksh
||Tuition Only||Boarding & Tuition|
These fees are payable at the commencement of each term (September, January and April) in Kenyan Shillings or US Dollars.The academic year for the School is split into three terms and runs September – July.
Term One (September – December)
Term Two (January – March)
Term Three (April – July)
|Pre-School||2-4 years||Full Time||175,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
|Pre-School||2-4 years||5 mornings||140,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
|Pre-School||2-4 years||4 mornings||105,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
|Pre-School||2-4 years||3 mornings||90,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
|Pre-School||2-4 years||Full Day||35,000 per day (inclusive of lunch)|
|Reception Class||4-5 years||Full Time||175,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
|Year 1||5-6 years||Full Time||215,000 (inclusive of lunch)|
These fees are payable at the commencement of each term (September, January and April) in Kenyan Shillings or US Dollars.
The tuition cost includes all textbooks and some stationery. The student is expected to provide some items of equipment as listed in the handbook for parents and students.
- Registration fee (non refundable) Kshs. 30,000 (once only)
- Registration fee – Early Years only(non refundable) Kshs. 15,000
- Caution Money for day students Kshs. 100,000 (once only)
- Caution Money for day students – Early Years only Kshs. 50,000 (once only)
- Caution Money for boarding students Kshs. 200,000 (once only)
- Caution Money for IFY students (refundable only upon progression to an NCUK university) Kshs. 50,000 (once only)
- Transport (if required) Kshs. 40,000 per term
- Transport (door to door, if required) Kshs. 45,000 per term
- Individual Music Lessons (instrumental or vocal) Kshs. 12,000 per term
– payable DIRECT to the peripatetic music teachers
- Music Instrument Hire (payable to Brookhouse Schools) Kshs. 7,000 per term
- Yearbook Fee (annual) Kshs. 1,600 per year
- Kenya pupil pass and re-entry pass (non-Kenyans) Kshs. 13,000
- AAR Medical Cover for boarding students (optional) Kshs. 48,000 per year*
* subject to adjustment by the medical insurance provider