Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko on Monday posted his March payslip on his Facebook account.The payslip shows that the Senator earned a net salary sh532,705 after all his deductions. The money is to distributed to churches as listed below.
“This time I directedmy full salary to do the work of God in churches by giving my offering & contributing in various church harambees. As the bible says “give so that the house of the Lord should not lack.”
From my attached April pay slip gross salary of 1,015,025/= after refunding back all my savings deposits & other deductions like NHIF, PAYE, the 50,000/= loan ( I’m deducted for plastic surgery & bills 4 sinai victims) etc. to my gross salary, I divided it amidst:-
- Nairobi calvary temple Buruburu-50,000/=
- Pentecostal church eastleigh (kiambio)- 50,000/=
- AIC Jericho-100,000/=
- PCEA bahati-100,000/=
- PCEA Kangemi 30,000/=; FPFKChurch Kibera 30,000/= ; Kawangware Methodist 30,000/=
- PCEA Lunga Lunga. 30,000/=; St. Francis Assis Mombasa 30,000/=; Sister Vivenzia memorial foundation 50,000/=
- PCEA Umoja. 30,000/=
- PCEA Kangemi 30,000/=
- Jesus winners ministry Roysambu 30,000/=
- Makongeni SDA Kshs 40,000/=
- St. Joseph Catholic Church Mumbi Muranga 200,000/=
- AIC yakamete Ngelani 100,000/=
- 450,000/= foodstuffs, medicines, hiring of Doctors, nurses & lab equipments for a free medical camp I hosted yesterday
- 200,000/= to Teen Challenge Kenya in a fund raiser for construction of a modern rehab centre for Nrb youth to fight against drugs. & alcoholism.
Some may call it show off, pride, but it is not pretence. It is a journey to self realization. Just like Psalms 105:1-2 says, “Give thanks to the Lord, proclaim his greatness: tell the nations what he has done…”
I believe that true generosity is when you give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing. But the secret is this: God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supply.
God bless you watu wangu”