Kenya Lands PS kidnapped in Nairobi

landspsangote_0Lands permanent secretary Dorothy Angote and her husband were on Wednesday night abducted and robbed before they were dumped in a coffee plantation in Kikuyu. The thugs stole the PS personal vehicle, jewelry, cash, an iPad and other personal effects.

Angote and the husband were driving to their home in Lavington estate at around 10 pm on Wednesday when they were attacked by three armed thugs who pretended to be security guards.

The thugs had forced the security guards to remove their uniforms before they tied them up. They then wore the uniforms so as to deflect any suspicion, said one of the security guards Blander Nyangau who reported the incident to the police.

The couple was held hostage for close to five hours and were rescued early yesterday morning after villagers found them tied to a tree in the coffee plantation. They were unhurt. Police sources said the Flying Squad had been deployed to search for the car and the thugs.

Dagoretti police chief Mathew Gwiyo declined to give details of the incident. He even refused to acknowledge that the victims were PS Angote and her husband. “The report we have is that a man and a woman were attacked and robbed of their car and other personal effects. I have not been told the identity of the victims,” Gwiyo claimed.

The names of the victims were not indicated in the daily police report. The report only said that a robbery with violence incident had been reported ay Muthangari police station under police occurrence number (OB) Usually, the daily crime report identifies the victims of such incidents as well as the location of the incident. Other robbery with violence incident reports filed on the same day bear the names of the victims, details of the attack as well as the area where the attack occurred.

According to the incident reported by Nyangau who works for Lee Security company, he said the four men armed with an AK47 rifle ambushed him and other guards manning the security barrier along Apple Cross road in Lavington.

The CID Director Ndegwa Muhoro said he had not been briefed on the incident as he had been held up in day long meetings. He referred the Star to the Nairobi CID chief Nicholas Kamwende who was unavailable as he did not respond to text messages and calls made to his various phones.-The Star



%d bloggers like this: