Indian bride marries wedding guest after the groom falls ill as the couple were about to exchange vows

Bride was angry that her family has been kept in dark about groom’s medical condition

The couple were exchanging traditional flower garlands when the groom had a seizure

The couple were exchanging traditional flower garlands when the groom had a seizure

A youth in India had an epileptic fit during his wedding ceremonies and his bride, angry that her family had been kept in the dark about his medical condition, prompty married a guest who had come to attend the wedding, the Times of India has reported.

All was going well at the wedding of 25-year-old Jugal Kishore, a resident of Moradabad in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh and his 23-year-old bride Indira from Rampur.

But, just as he extended his arms to put a garland of flowers around his bride’s neck, Kishore had an epileptic fit, falling to the ground in front of the whole gathering.

The young bride promptly changed her mind and announced that she would happily marry at the same ceremony a guest at the wedding, a man called Harpal Singh, her sister’s brother-in-law.

Harpal, caught unawares and dressed in jeans and a leather jacket, fumbled for a moment before declaring he was ready take Indira as his wife.

This time the garlands were exchanged between Singh and Indira, which went off without any hitch.

Meanwhile, Kishore, who had been rushed to a doctor by his relatives, went back to the venue after he regained consciousness to see that his bride had become someone else’s wife.

Kishore pleaded with Indira, telling her that he would not be able to face friends and neighbours if he returned without her. His relatives, too, tried to intervene on his behalf.

When persuasion failed, violence started. Spoons, plates and dishes became weapons as wedding guests tried to force the bride to change her mind. But the young woman stood firm.

Kishore and his relatives later filed a complaint at the local police station, which they eventually withdrew after elders intervened.

“Both families have amicably resolved the matter,” Solanki said. “The complaints have been withdrawn. Kishore and his family have now returned in peace to Moradabad.”

 -India Times




%d bloggers like this: