2014 Kenya Police Vacancies, Recruitment Dates & Centres
Police Jobs in Kenya: Pursuant of the articles particularly articles 10;232; 238(d;) 243; 246(3); 246(4) and chapter six, sections 10, 11 and 12 the National Police Service Commission Act, 2011, the National Police Service Commission (NPSC) seeks to recruit suitable and qualified candidates who satisfy the provisions of the constitution, the enabling acts and the additional criteria below to be trained as police constables.
The NPSC shall recruit 10000 candidates (6000 for the kenya police service and 4000 for the administration police service)
Kenya Police Jobs: Entry Requirements
An applicant shall be a person who:
- Is a citizen of Kenya
- Posses a minimum qualification of D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination.
- Is 18 years and over, but not older than 28 years for those with a KCSE examination certificate; and not older than 30 years for those who have graduated from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
- Is physically, mentally and medically fit
- Has no criminal convictions or pending criminal action.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment and during the entire training period.Note:A candidate who:
- Canvasses directly or indirectly;
- Knowingly, willingly and bluntly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts;
- Engages in any corrupt activity;
shall be disqualified and in the case of (b) and (c), may in addition be arrested and prosecuted.Kenya Police Recruitment – Gender Balance
- Not more than two thirds of the recruited candidates shall be of the same gender.Kenya Police Jobs – Diversity
- The recruitment shall reflect the regional and ethnic diversity of the Kenyan people.Police Jobs in Kenya: Application SubmissionA candidate must submit a written application to the recruitment panel at the venue of recruitment addressed to the chairperson, National Police Service Commission, stating his/her service of preference; duly attaching the following documents:
- A copy of the academic certificates and testimonials;
- A copy of the national I/D or Passport;
- At least one letter of recommendation from a respected member of the community such as a former head-teacher, religious leader or community leader.Kenya Police Recruitment – Note
- Each candidate must indicate 3 referees and their contact numbers in the application letter. The referees shall not be a relative or a politician.
- Each candidate must present the original supporting document for verification. The originals shall be returned to the candidate before the candidate leaves the recruitment centre.
- The NPSC shall publish the list of successful candidates in two daily newspapers of the national circulation.
Kenya Police Jobs: Date and Places of Recruitment: Be sure to check and ensure you get the right recruitment venue and date below.
Details of 2014 Kenya Police Recruitment – Dates and places of Kenya Police Recruitment – July 14 at 8am; See list of recruitment centres below.