Digital Opportunity Trust Kenya (DOT Kenya) seeks to recruit highly competent and self-driven youth for a 12 month internship program that will give the selected interns a unique opportunity to work with DOT Kenya to sharpen their skills and prepare for future careers while working within their communities. DOT’s key focus is to train young Kenyan Interns to become business coaches and mentors in their communities, supporting emerging local entrepreneurs. DOT Kenya recruits and empowers young University graduates (Interns) strengthening their business, technology and coaching skills and deploy them to partner community based organizations to help improve the technology knowledge and business acumen of owners of small businesses that are developing, under stress or in transition in local communities.
Successful Intern appilicants will undergo intensive training to prepare them to deliver DOT’s StartUp! program in the local communities in their home Counties. Throughout their placement, the Interns will also benefit from professional development opportunities that will equip them with desirable skills to enter the workforce as talented, experienced, and in-demand professionals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the DOT Enterprise program (StartUp!) to youth & women transitioning from DOT’s Empowerment program (ReachUp!) in local communities;
- Conduct business coaching for program beneficiaries and make regular follow ups;
- Facilitate business linkages between program participants and various business value chains;
- Administer monitoring & evaluation tools including data gathering from the participants & community based hosting partners;
- Take responsibility in scheduling training dates, time and venue for program participants;
- Prepare and present field reports to the respective supervisors;
- Regularly share blogs and field stories on the DOT intranet;
- Carry out at least one community development project during their internship tenure;
- Perform any other duty assigned.
DOT Kenya is recruiting for internship opportunities in the following Counties:
- Uasin Gishu
To apply for this opportunity, kindly go to kenya.dotrust.org/apply and follow the guidelines. Applications are open until Thursday 18th April, 2014 at 5 pm.
- Only applications submiitted via the stipulated channels will be considered
- Due to the high number of applications, DOT Kenya will only communicate to those shortlisted.
For more details visit DOT